Monday 5 August 2013

my summer blazer

Nearly half way through summer, Just back from 3 weeks away in the south of France and Cork is having its own mini heatwave. So with the summer weather in mind I wanted something that could be casual with T-shirt and jeans or more formal with a shirt and pants. So I set the challenge to make myself a summer blazer.

Firstly I had to make up my own pattern as I couldn't buy one, this involved drafting a master copy then tracing the pieces on to separate pieces of patter to tack to the fabric so I could cut them out. 


Fabric: navy cotton for outer fabric and blue and
white stripe cotton linen lining
A designers pattern which I drew out to
fit my sizes 


















The Fabric I got in Hickeys Cork, the Navy fabric was €12.95/M but 50% so I got 2 meters for €12.95 and the lining was €9.95 I only got a meter of this as I was light lining the tops of the sleeves 

No comments:

Post a Comment